Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation of February 13, 2018 N 153 On approval of the Rules for equipping vehicles of categories M2, M3 and vehicles of category N used for the transport of dangerous goods with GLONASS or GLONASS / GPS satellite navigation equipment.
Новое постановление определяет «ПРАВИЛА ОСНАЩЕНИЯ ТРАНСПОРТНЫХ СРЕДСТВ КАТЕГОРИЙ М2, М3 И ТРАНСПОРТНЫХ СРЕДСТВ КАТЕГОРИИ N, ИСПОЛЬЗУЕМЫХ ДЛЯ ПЕРЕВОЗКИ ОПАСНЫХ ГРУЗОВ, АППАРАТУРОЙ СПУТНИКОВОЙ НАВИГАЦИИ ГЛОНАСС ИЛИ ГЛОНАСС/GPS»
The full text of the resolution can be downloaded from the link Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation of February 13, 2018 No. 153 or from the website of the Government of the Russian Federation.
Once again, explanation of the types of vehicles:
Category M2 - Vehicles used for the carriage of passengers, having, in addition to the driver’s seat, more than eight seats, technically permissible maximum mass of which does not exceed 5 tons.
Category M3 - Vehicles used for the carriage of passengers, having, in addition to the driver’s seat, more than eight seats, technically permissible maximum mass of which exceeds 5 tons.
Category N is freight vehicles. It is divided into several subcategories:
Category N1 - Vehicles intended for the carriage of goods having a technically permissible maximum mass of not more than 3.5 tons.
Category N2 - Vehicles intended for the carriage of goods, having a technically permissible maximum mass of more than 3.5 tons, but not more than 12 tons.
Category N3 - Vehicles intended for the carriage of goods having a technically permissible maximum mass of more than 12 tons.
Our current comments on 02/28/2018:
- Provided that the categories of vehicles indicated in the Government Decree were equipped with telematics terminals before the Decree entered into force, and this navigation equipment has the ability to transfer data to the server in the EGTS protocol, then these vehicles do not need to be re-equipped.
- All vehicles that fit the specified categories and are equipped after the date of entry into force of the order (April 13, 2018) must be equipped with devices certified in accordance with Form 2c for compliance with the requirements of TR CU 018/2011, clause 117 (Satellite equipment navigation).
- In order to confirm the installation of the device before the entry into force of the Decree, the vehicle owner will need to present to the regulatory authorities confirming documents confirming the date of equipment: Service certificates, delivery notes, statement of balance, installation agreement, etc.
- The main condition for both vehicles already equipped and equipped after April 11 is the use of SIM cards from GLONASS JSC in terminals, which means the transfer of all telematics data to the GLONASS JSC servers using SIM cards / sims chips of GLONASS JSC. For this, GLONASS has recently become a virtual mobile operator.
- Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation No. 153 of February 13, 2018 applies to any category N if the vehicle is transporting dangerous goods.
- The equipment that will be installed on vehicles after 04/13/2018 will be subject to the requirements of the technical regulation of the Customs Union 018/2011, namely paragraph 117 (Satellite navigation equipment). Information can be found in the appendix to the regulation. The document can be downloaded from the link TECHNICAL REGULATION TR TS 0182011
The full text of the rules is given below:
dated February 13, 2018 N 153
EQUIPMENT OF VEHICLES OF CATEGORIES M2, M3
AND VEHICLES OF CATEGORY N USED
FOR TRANSPORT OF DANGEROUS GOODS BY SATELLITE EQUIPMENT
GLONASS OR GLONASS / GPS NAVIGATIONS
1. These Rules establish the procedure for equipping vehicles classified in accordance with the technical regulation of the Customs Union “On the safety of wheeled vehicles” (TR TS 018/2011) (hereinafter the technical regulation) to vehicles of categories M2, M3 and vehicles of category N used for the transport of dangerous goods (hereinafter referred to as vehicles), with GLONASS or GLONASS / GPS satellite navigation equipment (hereinafter referred to as satellite navigation equipment) in order to improve the efficiency of vehicle traffic control and the level of safety of passengers and dangerous goods.
The requirements provided for by these Rules do not apply to vehicles used to provide agencies that provide for the military and equivalent service, internal affairs bodies, and also used by individuals for needs not related to entrepreneurial activity.
2. The equipment of vehicles with satellite navigation equipment is provided by their owners (owners) in accordance with the technical documentation of the manufacturers of satellite navigation equipment.
3. Vehicles shall be equipped with operable satellite navigation equipment that meets the following requirements:
a) meets the requirements of technical regulations;
b) ensures the determination and transfer to the Federal Service for Supervision of Transport information on the geographical latitude and longitude of the location of the vehicle, its travel angle and speed, time and date of fixing the location of the vehicle with a transmission interval of not more than 30 seconds through the State Automated Information System “ERA-GLONASS” (hereinafter referred to as the “ERA-GLONASS” system);
c) provides for the presence of a personal universal identification card of the subscriber containing the profile of a mobile radiotelephone communication network that ensures the functioning of the ERA-GLONASS system.
4. When equipping a vehicle with satellite navigation equipment, the installation of satellite navigation equipment on a vehicle and its identification in the ERA-GLONASS system are ensured.
With regard to satellite navigation equipment that is installed on vehicles prior to the date of entry into force of these Rules, its identification in the ERA-GLONASS system is provided.
5. Installation of satellite navigation equipment on a vehicle is carried out in accordance with paragraph 16 of the interstate standard GOST 33472-2015 “Global navigation satellite system. "Satellite navigation equipment for equipping wheeled vehicles of categories M and N. General technical requirements." The location of the satellite navigation equipment on the vehicle is determined on the basis of its technical characteristics and design features of the vehicle.
6. The identification of satellite navigation equipment is provided by the operator of the ERA-GLONASS system by posting in the ERA-GLONASS system and transferring to the Federal Transport Supervision Service the following information:
state registration mark, identification number (VIN), make, model, category of the vehicle in accordance with the technical regulations, year of manufacture of the vehicle, series, number, date of issue of the vehicle registration certificate and vehicle passport;
the identification number of the satellite navigation equipment and the identification number of the subscriber’s personal universal identification card containing the profile of the mobile radiotelephone communication network that ensures the functioning of the ERA-GLONASS system;
name of the legal entity or surname, name and patronymic (if any) of the individual entrepreneur who is the owner (owner) of the vehicle, address of location, phone number, email address of the owner (owner) of the vehicle.
When identifying satellite navigation equipment, its operability is checked by testing the correct sending and receiving of information by the ERA-GLONASS system.
7. Information interaction between the operator of the ERA-GLONASS system and the Federal Service for Supervision in the field of transport on the transmission of information provided for by these Rules is determined by the agreement concluded by the operator of the ERA-GLONASS system and the Federal Service for Supervision in the field of transport.
8. In the event of replacement of the satellite navigation equipment that the vehicle is equipped with, as well as changes in information about the vehicle, satellite navigation equipment, and the vehicle owner (s) specified in clause 6 of these Rules, the vehicle owner (s) ensures that events provided for in paragraph 6 of these Rules.